What You Will See in the Expanded and Renovated Library
In addition to its existing collection of books, magazines, CDs, and DVDs, the library will also feature a range of new amenities. (New or expanded services are in bold.)
• A designated space for teens with their own age-appropriate books, music and video collections, where, they can socialize, use computers/tablets reserved for them and plug in their own digital devices.
• A separate Career & Technology Center for informal computer use and software instruction, as well as robotics, STEM, 3-D printer, music recording, & other collaborative projects. The desks and tables will be smaller with more flexibility of arrangement.
• Small group rooms for meetings, NC Works career center, collaborative projects, tutoring, etc.
• A large, adaptable multi-purpose room to provide for a variety of programming: guest speakers, workshops, group projects, movies, and space to produce content for e-learning & other virtual programs.
• A Carolina Room for reference and study about the area; and to serve as a small meeting room.
• Larger children’s area for reading, using tablets and devices; for group activities and programming, as well as a small restroom.
• The ability to provide simultaneous services/programming. For example a children’s program in their area, a blood drive in the community room, and several gatherings in the group rooms.
• Will meet ADA accessibility requirements on the site and in the interior of the building. (See FAQ)
• More computers
• More parking spaces
• A drive-up book drop
• After-hours access for groups to community room, restrooms and prep kitchen.
• Outdoor spaces for free, after hours internet access and safe entering & exiting the building
Among the new features
Small group rooms for meetings, NC Works career center, collaborative projects, tutoring, etc.
Career & Technology Center for informal computer use and software instruction.
Larger children’s area for reading, using tablets and devices; for group activities and programming